Our company was founded by two software engineers with more than 25 years of combined experience in software development. We strongly believe that quality software should be elegant and easy to use.
Why do we do it?
Ninety percent of everything around you was carried over on a shipping container before it reached you. The UN estimates that the maritime industry contributes about $380 billion to the global economy. It’s the industry that puts food in your plate, clothes on your back, and enables the success of e-commerce globally. Yet, very few companies are trying to solve the hard problems facing this industry.
We build and sell a Terminal Operating System (TOS) called Octopi which helps seaport terminal operators manage their operations, track their cargo, and communicate electronically and in real-time with their commercial partners.
Octopi was built with the mission to help the key players in this industry operate more efficiently using modern software.
Our Core Values
Always strive for a job well done.
Distractions can be evil.
Always Be Learning!
Don't let fear keep you from trying.
Be nice and humble.
- Mar. 2019
- NAVIS ACQUIRES OCTOPI TERMINAL OPERATING SYSTEM FOR SMALL CONTAINER AND MIXED CARGO TERMINALS
- Apr. 2017
- Port Technology: Why Port Terminals Must Invest in SaaS
- Feb. 2017
- Maritime Logistics Professional: Octopi - A Fresh Take on Terminal Operating Software
- Oct. 2016
- Octopi presents at TOC Americas 2016 in Cancun, Mexico.
- Aug. 2016
- Miami Herald Spotlight: Octopi making waves in shipping industry.
- Apr. 2016
- Cetus Labs wins eMerge Americas 2016 Startup Competition.
- Mar. 2016
- Cetus Labs uses Octopi to improve the operations of a port terminal in Haiti.
- Mar. 2016
- eMerge Americas 2016 announces Startup Finalists, including Octopi.
- Feb. 2016
- Octopi (aka Cetus Labs) selected to the Venture Hive program in Miami.